Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Haiti/2010

Haiti/2010

Drag me from the rubble, Barney,
I don’t want to shake no more!
I have to say, it wrecked my day,
when my roof became my floor.

I had a little house here once,
up there on that hill,
but now, (like everything else in town),
it’s just so much landfill.

I’ve got a little water now,
a chunk of the neighbors dog,
and the meds I got when they took my foot,
have me sleeping like a log.

So,
the hardest thing to do today
is shut out all the crying,
pretend that everything is fine,
that there are no more dead or dying.

You know,
it might be good if a tidal wave
should rear its ugly head,
scour out the dust and shit,
and wash away the dead.

So,
drag me from the rubble, Barn,
I don’t wanna shake no more,
and I have to say it wrecked my day
when my roof became my floor!

Mike O’Connell
1/16/2010

No comments: